Fears and Phobias
Many people seek hypnotherapy to help them overcome irrational fears and phobias which can be severely debilitating There is an excellent reason for this! Hypnotherapy has a proven record at successfully treating fears and phobias of many differing types. Having a Fear or Phobia not only limits your life but more importantly has a negative impact on confidence and beliefs about your own competence.
There are three main categories of phobia:
Simple Specific phobias such as fear of spiders, fear of flying etc.
Social Phobias (e.g. fear of social incompetence or embarrassment)
Agoraphobia – the fear of a difficult or embarrassing situation from which you cannot escape (usually related to panic attacks or very acute anxiety).
Hypnotherapy treatment for fears and phobias is systematic and effective.
- First you will learn and practice an effective relaxation or anti-anxiety technique.
- Secondly we’ll train you in hypnosis and self-hypnosis and begin to build an inner calm self-confidence and a greater sense of control.
- Thirdly we’ll create a clear hierarchy or list of the things you fear.
- Finally, and most importantly, we’ll systematically ‘desensitise’ you to those fears and phobias by having you imagine being in those situations while under hypnosis and practicing deep relaxation as you rehearse those situations in your imagination.
By repeatedly imagining yourself in those situations while I coach you to relax we build a new automatic reflex of natural calmness therefore developing a normal rather than oversensitive response. This method of “systematic desensitisation” has a long history of effectiveness in clinical studies – and combining this with hypnosis we achieve positive, permanent results more rapidly.
- Fear of blushing
- Fear of sweating
- Fear of trembling
- Fear of stuttering
- Fear of confrontation
- Fear of business meetings
- Fear of social situations / small talk
- Fear of criticism
- Fear of rejection
- Fear of public speaking
Fears related to acute anxiety or panic attacks
Fear of being or going insane, Fear of a heart attack or physical illness through anxiety. Fear of choking or suffocating. Fear of vomiting. Fear of death due to intense anxiety. Fear of losing control. Fear of fainting or collapsing Agoraphobia – fear of not being able to escape to a safe place or person. Fear of loss of bowel control .
Fears of Objects, Situations or Activities
Fear of flying, Fear of dogs, Fear of spiders, Fear of surgery, Fear of general anaesthetic. Claustrophobia – fear of confined spaces (e.g. Lifts and elevators) Fear of public transportation, Fear of driving (usually after a traffic incident) Fear of the tube/underground, Fear of exams, Fear of being alone, Fear of the dentist / dental surgery. Fear of heights, Fear of bridges, Fear of driving test, Fear of injections, Fear of the dark
Please visit our other site too. www.hypnofocus.co.uk